Job ID: 118551
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies, seeks a Public Relations Representative with extensive media relations and writing experience. Preference given to those with investment management PR experience primarily and those with broader financial service experience secondarily.
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a press representative for Vanguard. Handles incoming media inquiries in a timely manner and provides clear, candid, and accurate information as well as access to Vanguard experts if warranted. Plans and researches story ideas to proactively pitch to media. Employs effective persuasion and influence skills to maintain Vanguard’s image and reputation among traditional and social media, shareholders, and other key constituencies, and to advance Vanguard’s business and communications goals. Builds long-term relationships with media. Facilitates in-person meetings with media and Vanguard experts, whether on site or in another city. Provides support to experts serving as PR ambassadors in form of backgrounder, talking points, issues to be aware of, etc.
- Interacts with senior staff to understand corporate strategy, priorities and positioning. Counsels management on public perception and positioning and develops PR plans.
- Develops and maintains effective, strong, collaborative relationships with internal clients. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and meeting internal client needs. Creates PR strategies to help achieve clients’ goals. Provides reporting, measurement and analysis on progress.
- Manages corporate and industry issues by keeping abreast of industry trends and regulatory changes and developing appropriate communications materials in response to help PR team and other communications groups respond to media inquiries.
- Researches and writes press releases and other media materials (pitches, statements, Q&As, fact sheets, press kits, bylined articles, op-ed pieces, etc.) that are professional, effective, and accurate.
- Works with other communications groups, including Marketing, Communications, Social Media, phone groups and other client communication teams, to coordinate strategic communications.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in journalism, communications or PR preferred. Graduate degree in communications or business preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience and five years industry/technology. 7-10 years of PR experience in the mutual fund or related industry preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and independently on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Knowledge of financial services industry, particularly mutual fund investing and financial markets.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with various departments and levels of management, including senior executives.
- Ability to write quickly and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to “cover” corporate events outside usual business hours and be on call 24/7.
- Limited travel from time to time.
If interested, please contact: email@example.com
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.