Company: Liberty Lake Day Camp
Location: Bordentown, NJ
Job Description: Spend your summer honing your PR skills while promoting one of the region’s most spectacular day camps, Liberty Lake located in Bordentown, NJ (Exit 52 off 295).
As our PR intern and summer “campbasador,” you will be responsible for helping to publicize all the fun and frivolity throughout our beautiful campus. We are looking for someone who enjoys the outdoors, thinks outside the box, knows their way around the world of social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Instagram) and is not afraid to reach out to reporters via phone, email, tweet, or post.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Regularly updating our social media channels with event information and photos of our campers and staff.
• Working with the communications team to keep local media aware of camp happenings through regular media alerts, event advisories, and calls. This includes regular updating of our media distribution lists.
• Developing new out of the box ways to promote the camp to potential campers, parents, and community members.
• Assisting camp photographer and staff with logistics during special events.
• Possibly serving as a camp guide to local reporters during the Summer season.
• Promoting the efforts of the Liberty Lake Foundation, a non-profit that has raised tens of thousands of dollars for programming to better the lives of youth in need though PSAs, press releases, photo captions, and calendar listings.
• Having fun, smiling, laughing and making most out of an incredible internship experience.
Salary/Job Requirements: We are looking for folks who possess personality, creativity, strong organizational skills, and a way with words. Love of bug juice preferred buy not mandatory.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week on location at the camp. Must be able to work at least one weeknight until 6pm. May work occasional evening and weekend hours.
Benefits: In addition to receiving college credit, the camp will pay a modest hourly stipend for your efforts. But our hope is that your real takeaway from the Summer with be a portfolio brimming with awesome accomplishments.
How to Apply: Are you ready to be a Liberty Laker? If so, you need to send a letter of interest, resume, and two writing samples to Andy@LibertyLakeDayCamp.com by May 1. Bonus points for those who can figure out Andy’s last name and his title. Good luck!