Company: PrimePay, LLC
Job Title: Public Relations Specialist
Location: West Chester, PA
Job Description: They say you only have one true love. But if creating relationships and writing amazing copy both have a special place in your heart, then keep reading.
The future, critical-thinking PR Specialist will work closely with other members of the marketing department to aid in expanding brand awareness and growing the company’s voice nationwide. They aren’t relying on just press releases to do their job, they’re thinking outside the box and are constantly pushing subject matter experts to be the best resource for media.
A high ethical standard is a must for the future PR Specialist. As is being a confident communicator with a pitch on hand at all times. Crisis control? While we never wish one to happen, this person will have the best skills in their arsenal to counter negative publicity.
Additionally, the PR Specialist will be expected to:
• Develop strategy and goals in accordance to those laid out by the Senior Marketing Manager and VP or Marketing
• Seek high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
• Work with the social media team to engage consistently across all avenues
• Create press releases and creatively promote them
• Leverage existing relationships and create new ones within the industry
• Have strong cross-departmental communication skills to find the right topics from subject matter experts that may be newsworthy and timely
• Develop PR-specific approaches to help promote developed marketing communications campaigns
• Contribute blog posts and additional copy creation when needed
• Empower customers to provide customer created content
• Meet deadlines and help the experts at PrimePay to do the same
• Have experience in the B2B space
• Source multiple placements using tools like HARO
• Research and follow industry trends and like-minded media coverage
• 4 year degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
• 3 years of PR experience, preferably in a corporate environment of the financial or health care sector
• Strong ethical, writing and editorial skills
• Know how to work both independently and in a team environment
• Must be detail-oriented and comfortable handling multiple projects at once
Know this? It’s a big plus.
• Blog and social media writing experience
• Understands the importance of data-based decisions
• Recognizes the needs of small businesses
Benefits: PrimePay offers medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with matching, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible spending account, life insurance and STD/LTD.
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to Dan Krupansky at firstname.lastname@example.org