Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Public Relations Writer to produce timely, accurate, and relevant content about Vanguard.
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and writes press releases, Q&As and talking points, fact sheets, backgrounders, positioning documents, bylined articles, opinion pieces, and select news articles for corporate intranet. Prepares content for online pressroom and internal database.
- Writes and packages Vanguard research and other thought leadership content for the press.
- Works with Vanguard’s social media teams to post and review content.
- Writes essays and other content for ranking lists/contests of key publications that Vanguard participates in on a corporate, line of business or site basis.
- Serves as a press rep for the IT and HR divisions, as well as Vanguard’s other US sites.
- Works with teams responsible for client correspondence.
- Assists executive communications team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- An undergraduate degree in English, journalism, or communications, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree in communications or business a plus.
- Minimum three years of communications, public relations, and/or journalism experience.
- Familiarity with social media. Ability to develop and carry out social media communication strategies a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to write well and quickly to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of financial markets, investing, and mutual funds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.