Comcast – Pennsylvania, PA, US
Apply on company websiteSavedUnsaveSave
• Job actions menu
• Hide and flag job
• Job function
• Employment type
• Employer job ID
• Job ID
About this job
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV and Internet, entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, television and movies. Comcast brings to life the best of what’s to come.
The Senior Manager, Digital Communications will be responsible for the on-going daily operations and continuous improvement of Comcast’s intranet site along with rolling out and enforcing the content governance, editorial guidelines, social and analytics strategies. This role sits within Comcast’s Internal Communications function and is charged with engaging and informing Comcast’s associates countrywide.
• Work closely with content stakeholders across the company, managing the adoption of content governance standards and editorial guidelines. Acts as key content governance liaison for companywide content owners. Spearhead content management training.
• Spearhead Internal Social community moderation strategy
• Manage Metrics/Analytics strategy and implementation
• Manage digital media library, including images and videos, applying site taxonomy and metadata
• Develop Companywide internal digital communications assets (digital signage, intranet digital assets, etc.)
• Manage and refine internal mass communications process. Responsible for disseminating mass communications to all employees or targeted audiences
• Responsibility for ongoing site operations activities and acts as liaison between Internal Communications function and the Technology team
• Manages Employee Communications initiatives designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and projects. Educates staff on new initiatives, messages, goals, and projects determined by senior management
• Partners with senior management to develop and implement broad-based Employee Communications tools, providing employees with messaging and industry/competitive context for all key business initiatives
• Trains staff and counsels other personnel on best use of new and available Employee Communications tools
• Writes and edits company-wide communications
• Develops metrics to assess the effectiveness and impact of Employee Communications initiatives and tools. Recommends actions based on metric results
• Develops, trains, and manages staff in day-to-day operations. Participates in performance reviews
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Experience with Intranet implementation(s). Strong understanding of intranets and emerging internal communications and digital media trends
• Outstanding communications skills, a strategic mindset and ability to interface at an executive level
• Knowledge of communications and 8 years of increasing responsibility for internal communications management
• Demonstrated track record of conducting successful, proactive internal communications programs and tactics that employ creativity and use a variety of tools, forums and media.
• Strong user-facing web technology background
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems and content publishing best practices; previous CMS training management experience. Experience with SiteCore a plus.
• Experience with internal social tools such as SharePoint, Chatter, Jive and other enterprise social tools
• Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Preferred knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other web development technologies as well as Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suites
• Graphic design skills are a plus
• Previous content migration experience in a large organization
• Experience with Analytics and SEO best practices
• Strong interest in and foundation to quickly master and apply new web technologies
• Able to work independently within a team environment
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
• Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
About this company
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand as well as to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build a sophisticated network that delivers the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation is a global media and technology company.