In concert with the chief communications officer, the senior director is responsible for a team that oversees—and continues to build—the college’s external marketing efforts. S/he strives to make sure all brand messaging is cohesive and consistent. The senior director will also focus on building stronger relationships with community neighbors and partners, particularly in tandem with the Conferences and Special Events (CASE) Office, with the goal of increasing our visibility and developing strategies that position Ursinus as a “destination campus.”
Reporting directly to the chief communications officer, the director oversees a team of two staff members. This individual works closely and collaboratively with those managing the office’s CASE, communications and creative services divisions.
• Create, maintain and regularly assess a multi-year strategic marketing plan designed to raise the visibility of the college among key stakeholders, using analytics to drive strategic and tactical decisions. This includes an emphasis on digital marketing and integration across platforms.
• Manage a close-knit team that is responsible for the college’s content creation and external marketing efforts, including publications, social media, video, digital marketing campaigns, any advertising and other dynamic content.
• This role serves as a liaison with the advancement office, helping to strategically promote the historic “Keep the Promise” campaign. More broadly, s/he will assist in the development of advancement materials.
• Create greater interest in the college among external audiences, especially as the college seeks to welcome community members interested in the college’s vibrant academic programming, athletic events, and artistic performances and exhibitions.
• Work in tandem with the Conferences and Special Events Office to help strategically develop, with the CASE director, a multi-year marketing communications strategy to ensure greater visibility and generate revenue where appropriate.
• Manage brand and institutional messaging so that it is conveyed in a consistent and creative manner, with an emphasis on our mission of liberal education and the liberal arts. This role will ensure all campus partners—especially current faculty, staff, students and alumni—are speaking about the college in a compelling manner.
Requirements and Qualifications
• 10 years of experience in conceptualizing, implementing and assessing integrated marketing communications, especially in a non-profit environment.
• A highly-collaborative team-player who can be both strategic and persuasive in advocating for bold and measurable marketing campaigns
• Project management experience required
• Knowledge of trends in digital content and contemporary social media practices
• Understanding of event publicity and community outreach
• Ability to approach work from an unconventional, creative and innovative standpoint.
• Strong ability in training staff and managing relationships on campus.
• Judgment and discretion: ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, juggle numerous posts simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines.
• Interest in and understanding of issues affecting the national higher education landscape.
Anticipated Start Date: March 1, 2018 or sooner
Interested candidates should apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ursinuscol&jobId=220770&lang=en_US&source=CC3
Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.