Under minimal supervision, sets editorial direction of various Bank publications. Copyedits, reviews, proofreads, writes, or rewrites materials. Reviews and rewrites materials for Bank management, economists, and other subject matter experts. Edits for grammar, style, organization, clarity, consistency, and layout to ensure material meets established standards. Develops and monitors production schedules for newsletters, publications, brochures, and website content, working with Public Affairs’ web and Graphic Services units. Reviews blue lines for accuracy and quality.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
– Works with Research Department to establish schedules for Business Review and other Research print and electronic publications. Edits working papers, policy outlines, PowerPoint presentations, and special policy reports. Edits, reviews, and proofreads materials related to Research conferences. Consults with Graphics on design and layout of projects. Works with outside vendor to print Business Review in a timely manner. Oversees distribution of publications.
– Works with Community Development Studies & Education to edit, proofread, and produce various publications and materials, including Cascade, Cascade Focus, economic education brochures and related materials, agendas, speakers’ bios and other materials for conferences and workshops, special reports, discussion papers, and workshop/conference summaries. Consults with the web team and Graphics on design and layout, as needed, for these projects.
– Works with Payment Cards Center to edit, proofread, and produce various publications, including discussion papers, working papers, conference summaries, agendas, speakers’ bios and other materials, as needed. Consults with the web team and Graphics Services on design and layout, as needed, for these projects.
– Edits, proofreads, and produces, or oversees the editing, and production of all Public Affairs publications, including brochures and pamphlets. Ensures that content is accurate and up to date, and consults with Graphics on design and layout for these projects.
– Edits, proofreads, and produces two System publications—Consumer Compliance Outlook and Community Banking Connections—for the Supervision, Regulation and Credit Department.
– Edits and proofreads various content for external and internal websites, providing files to the web team and/or using content management systems for the websites.
– Edits, rewrites, and proofs publications and documents for other departments, including Corporate Affairs, Financial Management Services, Enterprise Risk Management, Facilities Management, Human Resources, and Payment Cards Center.
– Reviews and updates editorial policies, procedures, and style guides for publications; establishes new procedures as needed. Assesses cost-effectiveness of publications policies and recommends changes.
– Works individually or with a group to identify, communicate, and implement changes and initiatives with the goal of improving the quality of the operation or product.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or journalism; a minimum of 7 years’ of experience as a copy editor/proofreader.
– Demonstrated editorial skills, economic and banking knowledge preferred.
– Some writing experience preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
– Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communications skills.
– Strong leadership, problem-solving, project-management, and time-management skills.
– Excellent understanding of publishing production process.
– Proficiency with standard word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications; specific experience with web content management systems.
– Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
– Ability to maintain professionalism and establish trust and confidence.
Candidates may apply for the position on-line: