Growth in the Company and investments in technology has created this new role. Overall, this role defines software development practices, develops code, provides Level 2 support, and manages the activities of other internal and external developers.
- · Design and code programs to functional and performance specifications that add or enhance existing functionality for the company’s ecommerce platform.
· Ensures design and coding is optimized for end-user and system performance.
· Create implementation and deployment plans.
· Develop and execute unit and system test plans.
· Debug, test and quality assure new functionality and enhancements.
· Resolve QA defects and UAT issues.
· Architect software solutions by studying existing technology architecture; analyzing browser compatibility techniques; evaluating solution alternatives; developing prototypes; and writing detailed technical requirements;
· Delegates tasks to, organizes, mentors, and motivates other software developers.
· Fosters a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instills the principles of this culture.
· Works with other IT management and business project requestors to plan and execute projects.
· Ensures that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
· Provides detailed and timely status updates to management.
· Helps establish and enhance development policies, procedures, and standards and enforces their implementation upon their team of developers.
· Maintains technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
· Ensures quality and consistency throughout the architecture and implementation of the code base.
· Serves as primary contact and liaison between the company and 3rd party vendors on all technical and ecommerce development matters.
· Acts as a highly competent advisor to their manager and team.
· Accomplishes department and organization missions by completing related tasks as needed.
· Helps developers resolve technical issues.
· Helps developers resolve employment issues and requests including schedule management, time-off requests, and conflict resolution.
· Monitors developer performance, establishes plans for improvement when necessary, and conducts annual reviews in conjunction with management.
- · At least ten years experience developing web applications.
· At least six years experience in analyzing business requirements, recommending technical solutions, and writing technical specifications and/or requirements.
· At least five years experience delivering e-commerce websites based on .Net.
· At least three years experience leading development teams with direct developer management.
· At least five years experience with:
· Visual Basic.Net
· Visual Studio 2012
· TFS Source Control
· ASP.Net (Web Forms)
· Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL
· Experience working with AWS EC2 and S3 is a plus.
- · The ability to analyze business needs and conceive, design, and develop innovative solutions.
· The ability to write detailed and thorough technical requirements.
· The ability to design, develop and tune SQL server databases.
· The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· The ability to adapt to changing priorities.
· An extremely detail-oriented work ethic.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to demonstrate work experience by providing examples, samples, and source code.
· The ability to work from a PSD visual and turn it into a pixel-perfect page.
- · BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent vocational training or experience
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Salary; paid time off; medical, life and AD&D (accidental death) insurance; short- and long-term disability insurance; company match 401k.
The Connors Group
333 Meadowlands Parkway
Secaucus, NJ 07094