Social media account managers assist in creating unique and compelling strategies and serve as the main point of contact for their clients. AMs work directly with clients to deliver measurable, marketable communications to help them achieve their business goals using social media. Account managers report directly to the Social Media Account Supervisor.
The right candidate is a creative self-starter who lives and breathes social media and wants to use his / her skills to promote and market brands. We’re looking for a person who can hit the ground running when it comes to executing campaigns and delivering to the clients. The ideal AM is hard-working, detail-oriented tech savvy, and can carry on a conversation with pretty much anyone. We’re looking for a person who we can count on to take initiative, create constantly, and follow through to keep our clients satisfied.
Social media skills
- At least two years of professional social media experience including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Vine, and more.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.).
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and reputation management.
- Basic HTML and WordPress
- Basic graphic design and video editing skills preferred, but not required
- Account management skills
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic content creation and excellent writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills for reviewing and drawing conclusions from data.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple ongoing tasks with changing priorities.
- Advise clients on overall social strategies
- Support a First Cut Session with a client, including taking thorough notes and contributing to the conversation
- Develop and deliver a strategy document to a client
- Evaluate, prioritize, and predict clients’ needs and have a clear understanding of what SM successes mean to them
- Proficiency in using and discussing social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, OfferPop, HootSuite, Sprout Social, and SpredFast
- Effectively manage social media campaigns for clients, including community development, community engagement, content development, ad development, and reporting and analytics
- Have a clear understanding of client budgets and deadlines and meet both regularly
- Deliver thorough, detailed, and relevant project management updates with clients and in team meetings
- Manage clients to ensure they meet asset and project deadlines; proactively ask questions to ensure they have what they need
- Research clients’ competitors, industries, trends, influencers, and media targets every day to identify opportunities
- Use the resources available to find data or figure things out
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Erica Palan at firstname.lastname@example.org.