The Chemical Heritage Foundation is actively recruiting a part-time independent contractor for the position of Social Media Coordinator for the Society of Chemical Industry – America Section, a non-profit business league. The SCI Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for building an effective Facebook presence to promote and expand SCI’s educational and scholarship programs. The successful applicant will define and develop target audiences to build a social network of students interested in chemistry and science careers. The candidate will also advise SCI more broadly on effective uses of social media.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, English, history, or related field
• Three-to-five years’ experience in journalism, publishing, or communications
• Experience with creating and curating content for social media
• Proven track record of building presence and increasing stakeholder engagement on social media sites.
• Solid writing skills
• Ability to define and execute a project with a high degree of independence
• Strong interpersonal skills , ability to engage others, and build networks
Job location: work from home/contractor, part time.
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter and resume to SCISocialMediaMgr@chemheritage.org