The Social Media Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing the social media strategy, along with coordinating and executing all its elements. As part of the marketing team, this individual will be tasked with continuing to expand the brand’s role within social media in an effort to grow market share, increase customer engagement and awareness, while driving sales.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate and execute the brand’s social media strategy to drive store traffic and sales. Includes, but not limited to creating and publishing content daily on all platforms, experimenting with new ‘post’ techniques to increase platform KPI’s, and work cooperatively with the team to ensure content consistency.
- Create and execute all editorial calendars for each platform and work with the team to keep brand messaging and imagery timely and consistent with other consumer marketing touch points –emails, direct mail, website, tv, etc.
- Serve as the brand’s voice within the social media space by ensuring positive messaging is maintained and policies followed. Continually monitor all platform accounts, respond to consumers appropriately and post based on the editorial calendar for each respective platform to ensure metrics of success for each platform are maximized accordingly.
- Provide analytics and qualitative reports regularly for each platform’s benchmarks and summarize accordingly, recommending necessary changes to continually enhance performance. Also, regularly monitor the social media landscape and competitors use within the space. Make recommendations for constantly improving our social media programs to meet objectives.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of three to five years experience working within the social media space. Possess great communication and customer service skills, with a core focus on attention to detail. He/she must be an expert in the current state of social media utilization and their respective analytics. They are someone who is an expert within the space and who has a strong understanding of program analytics to in turn be able to make necessary changes in content and strategy in an effort to meet objectives.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms for brands, representing a corporation
- Knowledge of best practices for social media marketing in the retail industry, and a clear understanding of their respective analytics
- Strong experience working with social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Pinterest and Foursquare
- Must have exceptional social and traditional writing and editing skills
- Effectively resolve challenges and/or roadblocks and know when to escalate
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Works well under tight deadlines in a fast pace work environment and able to respond quickly to ad hoc requests and changes
- Team player
- Mobile marketing and analytic skills
- Positive, upbeat, can-do, professional and responsible attitude, independent and self-directed, yet also team-oriented
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect , offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!