Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. With headquarters in the Philadelphia region, the operating companies of Lincoln Financial Group had $170 billion in consolidated assets under management as of March 31, 2012. Through its affiliated companies, Lincoln Financial Group offers: annuities; life, group life and disability insurance; 401(k) and 403(b) plans; savings plans; and comprehensive financial planning and advisory services.
Lincoln Financial Group was ranked 235 on the 2011 Fortune 500 Company list and had annual consolidated revenues of over $10 billion in 2011.
Lincoln Financial Group has been serving the financial needs of customers since 1905. Its goal is to provide comprehensive financial solutions that help customers secure their retirement and manage life transitions. For financial professionals, Lincoln Financial is the partner of choice, offering innovative, industry-leading products and educational resources to help build customers book of business. For additional information go to www.lfg.com.
The Sr. Communications Consultant, External Communications, is responsible for developing and executing effective external communications projects for the Lincoln Financial Group. S/He will facilitate external communications projects which build a positive external image, achieve business goals, enhance the brand, and are aligned with the short and long-term strategic and financial objectives of the enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and effectively executes a wide range of complex external communications projects including, but not limited to, scheduling, research, content development, writing, editing, securing approvals, production and distribution.
• Executes external communications activities across all project touch-points and ensures integration across all of those touch-points.
• Develops and executes assigned press and media relations activities that appropriately positions Lincoln in national mainstream and financial print, broadcast, electronic media, and social media.
• Develops and executes assigned corporate communications activities aligned to the company’s social media campaign. Responsibilities include monitoring social media networks, developing elements of the project, crafting proactive and reactive messages, and partnering across the organization as a member of the social media team.
• Prepares external communiqués (memos, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, video scripts and other written communications and collateral materials that support the enterprise’s Corporate marketing and business development efforts), analyzing the need for and consulting on preparation of information for a range of audiences.
• Provides guidance and advice to appropriate stakeholders on formulating key messages and the most effective methods and media.
• Provides support for effective crisis communications management including participating in managing through crises and crisis aftermath as needed.
• A Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5+ years of progressive responsibility in corporate communications, journalism, marketing, marketing communications, product marketing, and/or public relations roles; or 9+ of equivalent work experience of progressive responsibility in corporate communications, journalism, marketing, marketing communications, product marketing, and/or public relations roles.
• Sound foundational corporate communications and public relations knowledge.
• Knowledge and ability to apply benchmarks and performance metrics to track progress of marketing programs.
• Strong writing and proofreading skills, including a demonstrated ability to write press releases, presentations, speeches, and communications to the media.
Lincoln Financial Group