Job Title: Sr. Journalist/ Communications Manager – Thought Leadership
Job Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Salary, Hours, Benefits: Competitive
How to Apply: Submit Resumes and cover letters to Jaime.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duration: Full Time
About Your Company: Prosperoware LLC solves problems that make a difference for law firms and other professional organizations – and the people who work for them. Prosperoware is a unique combination of a consultancy and a software development company. Our objective is to help firms take their practice areas and engagement to the next level with solutions that give them the greatest degree of latitude possible without sacrificing governance, security, or privacy. Prosperoware has offices in Europe, Asia, and the U.S.
Basic Function: Works directly with the President to create, implement, and drive the company’s strategic thought leadership program through original content generation across media (written, video, podcast) and makes industry presentations about trends and Prosperoware’s capabilities to address these trends. Establish Prosperoware as a thought leader in its prospective markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research, report and write/produce original editorial content across media (written, video, podcast.)
• Translate complex information into compelling written materials; and apply content in creative ways to engage audiences both on- and offline.
• Write thought-leadership articles for professional industry publications and make formal presentations at important industry conferences in the Legal Process Management and information governance markets.
• Create case studies, thought leadership white papers, contributed articles/advertorials and more.
• Write interview guides and scripts for thought-leadership videos and directly support video production.
• Develop and maintain social media presence across multiple platforms
• Develop and maintain an intimate understanding of current thinking and trends in Legal Process Management and information governance through reading/synthesizing all industry trade publications and attending industry conferences and meetings.
• Contribute to special projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrated editorial management skills that span the entire editorial and production process including but not limited to topic selection, article sourcing, reporting, writing and editing required.
• BA required/Master’s degree preferred, in Journalism, Marketing, PR or a related field.
• 5+ years direct newsroom and or editorial experience (writing, editing and, reporting) at a major national or regional new publication or online tech news site OR other relative experience in product marketing, thought leadership, or similar role.
• Experience working for a senior executive in a strategic planning or operations role preferred.
• Publications in leading industry trade journals and presentation experience at leading industry conferences preferred.
• Strong experience/understanding of traditional and social media in business marketing required.
• Ability to translate complex subjects into accessible narrative.
• Demonstrated experience developing content for multiple media types (text, images, video)
• Demonstrated social media skills and broad experience and presence on multiple platforms
• Flexibility and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing job priorities in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment under deadline pressure.
• Thorough understanding of Legal Process Management and information governance, and experience with content creation in this space is preferred, but may be replaced with the ability to quickly get up to speed with the Legal Process Management and information governance space, in combination with thought leadership and multi-media content creation experience in other technical fields.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
• Experience with video production and editing preferred.
• High degree of motivation, entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to service
• Critical thinking and trend analysis.
• Proven experience in thought leadership and product marketing writing.
• Ability to quickly get up to speed on our technology and buyers and write thoroughly about them.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and prioritize effectively to meet specific deadlines or goals.
• Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) are required.
• Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills (writing samples and references will be required).