Health Partners has an opening for a supervisor of advertising and production. The ideal candidate will have agency experience in as many areas as possible — media buying, traffic, production, account service, creative, editorial. Experience in health care, multicultural communications and/or working in a highly regulated industry would also be helpful. Strong organizational and people/management skills, as well as the ability to juggle, are essential.
Health Partners is a growing company, with a strong social, public health mission, and was recently designated as the 3rd best large company to work for in the area. The Communications department functions much like an internal agency. We work with agencies but also do a lot of work in house, and recently won a number of advertising awards: http://www.healthpart.com/NewsDetails.asp?NewsID=1158
Applicants should apply online: https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/healthpart/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=10402&esid=az. See below for more information.
With the Vice President of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, develop and oversee the production and distribution of strategic marketing communications materials that include external and internal collateral, benefit information, directories, advertising and promotional items. Manage and maintain brand integrity. Targets include members, providers, employees, community leaders and the general public. Work with the in-house Communications staff, outside departments and contracted consultants to successfully achieve departmental and corporate goals. Supervise staff, including graphic, editorial and production specialists.
• Work with internal staff, agencies and consultants to develop creative, compelling ad campaigns that support company goals and branding.
• Write and edit copy.
• Oversee creative development and quality.
• Oversee production quality and schedules.
• Manage media schedules and budget, incorporating internal and external marketing research and leveraging outside media buyer for strategic, cost-effective campaigns.
• Monitor competitive advertising and promotions.
• Maximize investment by extending reach of ads through social media, promotions, working with PR team to enter materials in industry contests, etc.
• Monitor, evaluate and implement, as appropriate, changes in advertising style and technology.
• Write, edit, oversee design and/or manage production of fliers, invitations, brochures and other promotional, health, and/or employee materials.
• Oversee purchase and production of giveaways and promotional items for quality, budget and marketing effectiveness.
• Develop and oversee production schedule and timelines, from project request to completion.
• Work with in-house communications staff, outside departments and vendors to ensure deadlines are met and quality maintained.
• Oversee inventory, distribution, storage, and shipping.
• Oversee relevant vendor and consultant relationships, monitoring/negotiating costs and quality of service.
• Manage budget for advertising, printing and other related items.
• Ensure internal, legal and regulatory review process is followed.
• Supervise staff designers, writers, and production manager, using best practices in effective counseling and communication
• Conduct performance reviews
• Direct and mentor in a constructive manner to foster a positive relationship and development.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or related field.
•Minimum 5-7 years of overseeing marketing communications, public relations and/or advertising programs, ideally in an agency setting.
•Knowledge of health care, particularly Medical Assistance and/or Medicare managed care, preferred.
•Also preferred or helpful, experience in: agency management, multicultural marketing, brand development, and working in a highly regulated industry.
•Experience writing/editing for print, broadcast and online media
•Has provided creative/graphic direction
•Knows how to establish and meet deadlines
•Strong organizational skills
•Adept at project and staff management; team player
•Microsoft Office and understanding of basic computer design
About Health Partners: Health Partners is a not-for-profit health plan serving nearly 170,000 members in the Greater Philadelphia region. Its HealthChoices Medicaid plan consistently ranks number one in the area for member satisfaction in an annual consumer survey; is rated as “Excellent,” the highest level possible, by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA); and was the first plan in the nation to receive NCQA’s Multicultural Health Care Distinction. In 2009, the company launched KidzPartners, which provides free or low-cost health insurance to uninsured children and teens through CHIP, Pennsylvania’s Children’s Health Insurance Program. Founded more than 25 years ago, Health Partners is one of the few hospital-owned health plans in the country and has received national recognition for its innovations in managed care. It was recently ranked as the 3rd best large company to work for in a Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News survey. For more information about Health Partners, please visit www.healthpart.com