Seeking a results-driven, established trusted expert freelance communicator for a temporary project from January-June 2014 (with opportunity to renew) to engage local media (Philadelphia area) about the activities of a non-profit science education organization.
Candidate should demonstrate the following:
1. Understanding of non-profits and science education.
2. Take the lead to publicize organization’s events and student participants. Identify PR opportunities (including social media opportunities). Create and distribute news releases; establish contacts with media.
3. Have established relationships with surrounding media.
4. Demonstrate success in driving outcomes
5. Commit to outcomes, including feedback on media uptake and impact.
6. Have flexibilty to attend various meetings as needed (approx 5 during the period outlined)
Please send resume/bio to PhillyMediaOutreach@gmail.com