Job Description: Brian Communications is a strategic communications agency, led by Brian Tierney. With expertise in strategic counsel and planning, public relations, crisis communications, branding and advertising, Brian Communications is one of the fastest-growing communications firms in the Philadelphia region.
• Provides senior-level communications counsel and ensures the effective implementation of clients’ strategic communications programs.
• Anticipates and manages communications issues and effectively positions clients with key opinion leaders and constituencies.
• Develops and track budgets including monitoring account team hours, out of pocket costs, etc. for multiple accounts.
• Supervises a number of direct reports for which he/she is responsible for performance reviews, professional development and account work oversight.
• Fosters agency culture.
• Develops strategic communications programs that could include media relations, community relations, public affairs, social media, CEO positioning, etc.
• Reviews and edits the written work of staff including media materials (news releases, media advisories, background materials, media messages and Q&A) as well as client presentations, speeches and by-line articles.
• May participate in crisis and issues management opportunities.
• Participates with agency leadership team in developing proposals for new business opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Skilled in program development and execution of PR strategies.
• Previous experience in leading teams and managing budgets.
• Proven track record of successful media relations coverage; proven experience in pitching business and consumer stories to various media outlets, including bloggers.
• Strong writing and editing skills; background in AP-style writing.
• Proven ability to multi task; strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience with social media platforms and their use for audience engagement to support media strategy.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or a related field
• 7-10 years experience in agency public relations or a similar position
Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
• Comprehensive health insurance, including dental and vision coverage
• Paid Time off including company holidays and floater days
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Work from home policy
• Flexible spending account
• Life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability insurance
• Professional Development opportunities