Living Beyond Breast Cancer
Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 500,000 people annually through publications, educational programs, website, social media and the Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania; for more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
The Website Manager is responsible for managing Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s main website (LBBC.ORG) and related microsites. Under the guidance of the organization’;s strategic plan as well as its strategic marketing plan, the individual will ensure that the sites are fully operational and that they follow best practices in user access, web communications, and search engine optimization.
· Ensure that LBBC.ORG (Drupal-based) is inviting to users and offers appropriate and engaging guest experiences.
· Develop and implement processes to ensure that the website is updated and maintained regularly; collaborate with key staff members to ensure that the processes are used consistently.
· Work with internal staff and external vendors to develop and implement strategies for ensuring that website users are converted to engaged constituents.
· Ensure the consistent functionality of LBBC.ORG and implement fixes as needed. Recommend and
implement upgrades based on changes in technology and best practices.
· Manage the work of external website developers responsible for site maintenance and larger site improvements.
· Work with internal staff and external vendors to optimize accessibility and incorporate search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) into website and other online platforms.
· Update website content to ensure that it conforms to best practices to improve SEO/SEM outcomes.
Train staff on standard best practices for SEO/SEM; provide appropriate oversight.
· Serve as information architect lead for deciding the placement of new content and features on LBBC.ORG. Maintain the tagging structure for the website; ensure that key staff are trained and are using the structure consistently.
· Develop and implement a website analytics reporting structure. Train and act as a resource to staff to ensure ongoing compliance with the reporting structure.
· Develop and implement protocols for website administration (content update and publishing process, technical issue notification, etc.).
· Provide ongoing training and support for staff who regularly update content on the website.
· Maintain domain registrations and hosting contracts for all organizational sites.
· Work with key staff to ensure continuity of experience and integration between the website and other online tools (Luminate Online forms, social media, etc.)
· Participate on internal work teams to carry out special projects, including but not limited to website and database projects.
· Assist in expense tracking and budget management.
· Bachelor’;s degree in computer science, marketing, web design, or equivalent experience
· Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with common content management systems (Drupal, Luminate Online, etc.), preferably for a nonprofit organization
· Knowledge of best practice in SEO/SEM and Google Analytics reporting and experience in implementation
· Knowledge of Google Ad Words and/or Google Grants a plus
· Knowledge of website compatibility with the Americans with Disabilities Act a plus
· Experience in managing external consultants that provide time and content-sensitive support
· Proven success in project management, planning, and internal communications
· Strong communication skills and experience communicating complex, technical concepts to non- technical people
· Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office, project management software, photo editing software and social media
· Knowledge/interest in breast cancer or women’s health a plus
· Ability to travel within the US
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Application deadline: 5/20/2016.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.