Living Beyond Breast Cancer
Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 87,000 people annually through our publications, educational programs, website, social media and Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Haverford, Pennsylvania and has staff of 25 professionals. For more information, visit www.lbbc.org.
The Writer and Editorial Coordinator is responsible for serving as author and copyeditor of select LBBC publications in support of the mission, programs and services of LBBC, as well coordinating the annual publications calendar.
Write original educational brochures and revise existing educational brochures, working closely with medical and consumer advisory committee professionals to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and sensitivity of content
- Write medical, psychosocial and promotional articles and blog posts for online and print publications
- Maintain yearly publications plan and coordinate publications calendar including detailed timelines and assigned responsibilities
- Serve as copyeditor for newsletters and educational publications (as named), including managing the publication-specific editorial calendar and overseeing all writing, editing, design and distribution activities
- Copyedit educational materials and coordinate sections for websites (as named)
- Plan and coordinate freelance assignments and preproduction of print materials
- Manage relationships with vendors and oversee work of vendors that provide publishing support for LBBC
- Review all work orders, bills and budgetary line items for accuracy and cost effectiveness to ensure staying within budget and, in conjunction with Editor and Manager, Publications review and sign off on invoices
- Provide copyediting, proofreading, design expertise
- Contribute to conversations about marketing publications through social and traditional media
- Provide support for special projects as required
- Attend and assist staff at fundraising and educational events
- Interact with LBBC constituents at fundraising and educational program events to increase awareness of LBBC programs/services and to develop relationships that can result in increased philanthropic support
- While in the community, act as an LBBC ambassador to increase general visibility and awareness of mission and services and to identify potential relationships that could result in increased philanthropic support
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience in journalism and health writing for consumer audiences, for both print and online
- Exceptional writing and copyediting skills
- Superior administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer application skills with knowledge of graphic design, word processing, spreadsheet, planning, presentation, social media, scheduling and database programs
- Ability to travel within the USA
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Application deadline: 5/23/2014.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Breast cancer survivors, people of color and multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply. Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal employment opportunity organization.