Reference number DEV-18-00018
Description Are you a conceptual, creative thinker with a passion for writing and story-telling? Do you consider yourself a self-starter with the ability to work independently? Then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Team!
The Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health External Affairs office, located in Villanova, Pa., is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative communications professional to join our team. As a Communications Specialist at Devereux, you will assist the National Director of Communications in executing Devereux’s communications strategies to: 1) help employees across the organization be well-informed, engaged and connected to our overall mission; and 2) generate awareness of Devereux’s brand, as well as its signature programs and services, to external audiences.
In this role, you will write and edit clear, timely and engaging company communications focusing on strategic initiatives, news and events, and other topics relevant to key stakeholders. Specific tasks include; intranet/Internet management/content development; writing news articles and feature stories; producing company-wide emails and newsletters; creating/managing social media content; and developing presentations and marketing materials.
Our ideal teammate is a great collaborator and creative/outstanding story-teller who understands internal/external communications and social media best practices, and can successfully juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer generous time-off policies and a 403(b) retirement plan, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Learn Why We Are a Great Place to Work! http://benefits.devereux.org
Keywords: Communication, communications, internal communications, communications specialist, internal communications specialist, editor, employee communications, PR, media relations, nonprofit, behavioral health, journalism.
Position Requirements Our Ideal Candidate:
– Must have at least five years of writing/editing experience in corporate communications, internal communications, journalism, public relations or related field. Experience in a behavioral health, healthcare and/or a nonprofit setting is a plus.
– Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
– Must have exceptional written/oral communication skills, strong project management and organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, team player attitude and outstanding customer service skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels and diverse groups within, and outside of, the organization.
– Conceptual, creative thinker with a passion for writing, story-telling and a willingness to learn from others. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Must have a sense of urgency and be able to operate in a fluid environment with sensitivity to deadlines.
– Self-starter with the ability to work independently; ability to structure and conduct interviews and research efforts, and synthesize findings into key points.
– Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Solid proficiency of Microsoft SharePoint (intranet) and strong familiarity with, and consistent use of, the Associated Press Stylebook. Proficiency with social media platforms, strategy and best practices for businesses. Experience with the Adobe Suite, including Adobe InDesign, is a plus.
Job Summary Schedule: Monday-Friday, regular business hours. Competitive pay and great benefits!
About the Organization The employment policies of Devereux are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement – including upgrading, promotion and transfer – consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.
EOE Statement We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to race, religion, sex, color, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or uniform service member status.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug testing required. EOE
This position is currently accepting applications.
Apply Now at https://www.appone.com/Email.asp?JobCode=149917&L_ID=169600799&As_ID=&A_ID=&S=2&SourceID=&S_ID=1510003&Msg=&Lo_ID=118850&PID=184963&B_ID=44&Ad=546854&JID=131937&ResumeID=&R_ID=2019785&SM=&AppB_ID=&LinkID=&Fid=1&FS_ID=1509999