Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
Provide administrative support to the director of chapter support. Provide prompt support to volunteer chapter leaders. Assist in providing services to enhance local programming to advance the Society’s mission.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Serve as the primary point of contact for volunteer chapter leaders, answering questions and addressing policy issues.
• Record receipt of reports in chapter Access database and compliance matrix. Follow up with chapter leader if not complete. File reports in appropriate chapter folders. Send email confirmation for each received. Update Chapter-related items in iMIS and WCW as necessary.
• Update chapter leader lists in iMIS as submitted by the chapters.
• Maintain and communicate all materials to chapter secretaries, including chapter secretary handbook, chapter secretary primer, chapter secretary PowerPoint, welcome letter to new secretaries and quarterly emails to all chapter secretaries.
• Send each chapter board their compliance and awards matrix in April, June, August, October, December and February and/or upon request. Send congratulations email when a chapter achieves compliance status.
• Maintain chapter events calendar, registrations and attendance. Record speaker, topic, etc. in iMIS for each meeting. Set-up electronic attendance taking in both iMIS and WCW. Email chapter attendance takers necessary information. Manually add attendees not in WCW and close out the event.
• Run and record iMIS reporting quarterly for membership numbers, certification enrollment, lapsed chapter leaders and total certifications for each chapter. Record and report chapter retention numbers to each individual chapter.
• Review chapter financials for accuracy and compliance with Society policy on a quarterly basis utilizing QuickBooks.
• Review board meeting minutes, answering chapter questions and identify possible issues or problems with the report or the chapter.
• Review chapter websites for accuracy and timeliness – current year calendar and officer list. Confirm to each chapter. Monitor chapters’ social media accounts. Record in each chapter’s compliance matrix. Notify non-compliant chapters and re-evaluate later.
• Contact lapsed chapter leaders and other key chapter contacts, such as speakers, encouraging them to renew their membership. Contact SCTE members that are unaffiliated with a local chapter, providing them with a list of local chapters and encouraging them to join.
• Assist with facilitating chapter webinars using GoToWebinar.
• Respond to members’ questions on chapters and membership.
• Help process and distribute complimentary Expo registrations for YE chapter compliance. Distribute complimentary registrations for Chapter Leadership Conference.
• Assist in planning and execution of the Chapter Leadership Conference, Chapter Breakfast and International Cable-Tec Games competition at Cable-Tec Expo.
• Update list of contestants for International Cable-Tec Games, facilitating the registration process and communicating established policies.
• Represent SCTE at chapter functions such as the annual Chapter Leadership Conference, chapter awards ceremony, local Cable-Tec Games competitions and vendor shows.
• Assist and back-up the Director of Chapter Support.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Minimum two years’ work experience as an administrative assistant or secretary.
• Skills in time management, organization, relationship building and verbal and written communication.
• Knowledge of: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook), QuickBooks, iMIS, Web Courseworks/learning management systems
• Ability to work quickly and accurately to generate letters and reports.
• Maintain an organized record-keeping system.
• Respond to chapter leader requests in a timely manner.
• Be resourceful and self-motivated.
• Learn new computer skills as needed.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Self-starter, highly motivated.
• Organized with attention to detail.
• Some travel is required.
The job is scheduled to start Jan. 6, 2020
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org