The Chief Marketing and Communication Officer (CMCO) is a leader that will build and reinforce the College’s reputation, increase its visibility among key target audiences, and enhance its competitive position in higher education through the development, implementation and oversight of a clearly defined and articulated strategic marketing and communications strategy that reflects the college’s mission, vision, and overall strategic plan. The CMCO will provide oversight and mentorship to a team of professionals in branding, marketing, advertising, video, photography, graphic design, web, media relations, social media, emergency and crisis communications, and executive and internal communications. This individual will ensure the quality of the College’s varied and integrated marketing and communications efforts, have the know-how to build our brand and share our story in ways that resonate with the community we serve, and act as the liaison for work outsourced to vendors. These efforts will shape and manage activities that support enrollment and raise the College’s visibility and brand reputation with prospective students, parents, alumni, industry and other relevant constituents. The position reports to the president and serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
Salary Range: $85,691 – $112,907 (commensurate with experience)
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020 (4:00 pm)
Bucks County Community College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription plans, 403B pension plan, life insurance, short & long-term disability, generous paid time off, summer hours, tuition waivers, tuition assistance, wellness center, full service cafeteria and free parking on a beautiful Bucks County campus.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
• Master’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline; degree(s) in other fields will be considered in light of significant related experience.
• Minimum of eight years of experience in marketing management and implementation, preferably at a college or university or with an agency that serves higher education; Public Relations experience is a plus.
• Minimum of five years of staff management and leadership.
• Demonstrated skill in strategic marketing, planning and innovative problem-solving.
• Demonstrated positive, collegian and collaborative work style.
• Detail oriented with the demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated excellent oral, written, editing, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of digital and traditional marketing.
• Demonstrated ability to employ both digital and traditional marketing techniques to meet strategic objectives.
• Demonstrated skill in financial management as it pertains to marketing operations.
• A desire to add value, every day. The ideal candidate will also display the attributes of a having strong business acumen with a results-driven focus, leadership skills and is relationship focused with a spirit of collaboration and diplomacy to build working relationships with staff at all levels, faculty, and all other stakeholders.
Before clicking on the “Start Application” button below, be sure to have the following available:
1. Education history
2. Employment history
4. Ability to upload attachments (resume, cover letter) to submit with your application
5. A minimum of 15 minutes per position – you cannot save and return to your application
Incomplete information will prevent your application from being submitted. A separate application must be submitted for each position for which you wish to apply.
The College reviews all complete applications received through the online application system and will contact those individuals whose qualifications best meet the needs and requirements of the position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding application status.
Please note: Applications for positions at Bucks County Community College will be accepted through our online application system only. We do not process applications sent via email, fax or US Mail.
If you require assistance using the online application system, you may call: (215) 968-8491 or stop in at the Office of Human Resources, Bucks County Community College, 275 Swamp Road, Tyler Hall, Room 130, Newtown, PA 18940, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Applications for current openings only are accepted – unsolicited resumes are not retained.