The communications and marketing manager support an integrated communications and marketing function to increase brand awareness and recognition internally and externally to employees, clients and external stakeholders. The diverse role includes support of corporate and internal communications, marketing, digital and online channel development, content development and management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Internal Communications & Employee Engagement
• Support internal communications strategies that foster employee and associate engagement.
• Develop strategies and initiatives to engage employees around the company. Develop compelling stories and content that communicates the brand and company strategy, mission, vision and values.
• Develop and manage enterprise internal employee communication channels which could include newsletters, employee meetings and other communications vehicles that communicate and engage employees and ensure they have the tools and resources they need to do their jobs.
• Support and manage collaboration and engagement tools to foster a two-way conversation across the organization.
• Survey and analyze employee engagement levels (in partnership with human resources) through basic pulse surveys around current strategic initiatives.
Content Development & Channel Management
• Develop meaningful content for a variety of internal and external audiences leveraging communication strategies including business presentations, marketing collateral, case studies, newsletters, employee meetings, social media, videos, etc.
• Manage internal and external digital and web properties (corporate web site, SharePoint, internal/employee communication technologies) and social media platforms including strategy development and content management. Recommend new approaches where appropriate.
• Manage marketing and communications assets including photography, marketing materials, collateral, logos and other.
• Partner with external agencies and consultants.
• Work across the organization to ensure content adherence to brand style guidelines and consistency in messaging.
• Manage enterprise-wide marketing & communications assets (websites, collateral, campaigns) that lead to the development of standardized messaging around our value proposition.
• Develop and refine marketing collateral to support business development and brand awareness.
• Remain up to date on industry and consumer trends and the competitive landscape to inform the evolution of Towne Park’s marketing communications presence.
• Manage the progress of multiple strategic projects and prioritize with respect to timelines while meeting project milestones.
• Work with other colleagues in corporate functions and across the business to improve consistency and quality of existing communications products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent writing and editing skills in a variety of formats and media.
• Digital and social media experience required.
• Marketing technology experience desired.
• Meticulous attention to detail, with an eye for grammar and consistency.
• Ability to adapt tone to various pieces (e.g., journalistic, conversational, academic)
• Superior organizational skills.
• Creative development experience a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in an efficient manner and adjust as priorities change.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Strong research and presentation skills.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), SharePoint, and social media platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related public affairs discipline
7-10 years corporate communications, marketing, agency experience,
5 years of experience in corporate environment on a communications and/or marketing team.
Experience in planning and managing projects and processes, as well as, allocating resources, monitoring progress, and establishing budgets to accomplish project goals.
Hands-on experience and leadership mentality a must.
Energetic with a positive and self-starter attitude.
Team player with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
Desire to learn and acquire new skill sets.
Experience in a service-oriented, nationwide organization.