Job Title: Communications Manager
Job Location: Radnor, PA
Company: Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD, www.theaftd.org)
AFTD is a growing 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life of people affected by FTD and drive research to a cure. We work every day to: promote and fund research; provide education and support to persons with an FTD disorder, their families and caregivers; educate physicians and health professionals about FTD; and advocate for research and appropriate, affordable services. AFTD is based in the Philadelphia area, with a growing presence in Washington D.C., and national/international reach.
Under the guidance of the Development & Communications Director, the Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies, communications materials, and public relations activities, resulting in high levels of visibility and positive recognition for the organization. S/he will craft unique but aligned messages to various segments of our audience (patients, families, donors, researchers, clinicians, industry) and ensure appropriate and effective delivery to each. The Communications Manager will work collaboratively with program staff, Board members and volunteers to advance the organization’s mission.
• Collaborate with the Director to build relationships with local, national, and industry media sources.
• Maintain responsibility for all AFTD print and electronic publications.
• Determine content, write features and play an editorial role in refining them. Manage and maintain robust, interactive AFTD websites.
• Manage, calendar, and track the results of all email communications.
• Coordinate with staff to strengthen the organization’s social media presence.
• Organize and serve as technical host for webinars.
• Manage branding and coordinate/support development and implementation of materials and services.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or marketing.
• Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
• 5-8 years of experience managing communications/marketing/public relations activities.
• Experience with health, science, or other complex communications a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate on multiple concurrent projects.
• Proficiency in web communications and MS Office suite.
• Design and photo-editing software skills a plus.
Salary, Hours, Benefits: Position is full-time; salary will be commensurate with experience. The position offers health benefits and a retirement savings plan (with employer match).
How to Apply: Please email resume with cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Communications Manager” in the email subject line. No phone calls.