The primary purpose of the job is to:
Leading the brand and editorial services function, the director has primary responsibility for elevating the company’s overall brand equity by working with internal and external partners to effectively and consistently position the brand with associates and a variety of external constituencies. This position will partner with executive leadership, lines of business, and corporate partners to ensure alignment between brand messaging, creative concepts and content.
The director is responsible for oversight of the company’s brand/editorial standards and ensuring a consistent voice of the company and its leadership. The director works cohesively with business and corporate partners and is responsible for the strategy and day-to-day development of editorial content for clients, including leadership of a team of writers, copy editors and advertising/brand support positions.
- Works with business and corporate partners to develop the brand strategy.
- Works with management to understand the strategic direction and vision and to ensure all content development activities support the organization’s strategy and objectives.
- Educates the enterprise about the established brand/editorial standards to drive consistent application of standards.
- Enforces and ensures adherence to company and/or regulatory brand/editorial standards while maintaining and driving a consistent voice and tone across the enterprise.
- Advises leadership and partners on strategies for effective written communications.
- Hands-on leadership of content development and copy editing for business and corporate functions including health plan/line of business, corporate partners and executive materials.
- Works with business and corporate partners, including the Executive Office, to understand styles and preferences.
- Leads, develops, and mentors a team that will develop materials for a variety of internal and external audiences, to include associates, external partners, members, providers, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Five to ten years of staff management experience
- Ten or more years of experience in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Establishes excellent working relationships across the organization, at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability and comfort to influence individuals and teams that fall outside of span of control
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact to manage conflict and to arbitrate solutions successfully.
- Ability to develop well-written, clear and compelling copy quickly; ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding complex issues and ability to translate and simplify them for key audiences.
- Excellent oral communications skills.
- Ability to be flexible with priorities and handle multiple, deadline-oriented projects simultaneously.