Company: Please Touch Museum
Job Title: Director, Marketing & Communications
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posted: Nov. 6, 2015
Job Description: Please Touch Museum (the Children’s Museum of Philadelphia) is a non-profit organization, with an $8 million operating budget, seeks a Director, Marketing & Communications is responsible for the planning, directing and maintaining an integrated multi-platform marketing and communication program to advance the Museum’s institutional brand and position within the cultural sector
This position is responsible for managing and guiding the implementation of clearly defined marketing and communications strategies that support consistent revenue growth and enhance Museum brand equity and awareness. The Director, Marketing & Communications is responsible for establishing annual plans and budgets across marketing and communication platforms and coordinating a broad range of communications activities that advance the Museum mission, strategic plan, brand and reputation as well as supporting revenue generation. This position contributes to the overall direction of the Museum and is responsible for aligning the department goals and initiatives.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to: Develops comprehensive plans for organizational marketing and communications efforts; establishes budgets across marketing/communications platforms ; sets goals for core departmental functions; ensures that the Museum regularly conducts relevant market research; uses market research for planning, monitors attendance trends; analyzes sales and marketing metrics; oversees editorial direction and internal creative services, including website, social media, and print collateral materials; provides marketing, communications media support for all museum initiatives; directs all communication initiatives, strategies and products, including digital products such as mobile, web site, social media platforms and apps; oversees plans, strategies, implementation of and resources necessary achieve objectives for overall attendance, group sales and birthday party programs; coordinate with staff members to produce an annual communication calendar; creates and manages a budget and revenue forecasting; plans, implements and monitors financial resources, revenue goals; works to effectively market experiences and programs; conducts periodic reviews of marketing goals; advances the Museum’s mission and program initiatives in the community and museum field; continually builds and maintains senior level partnerships with regional and national organizations; stays on and ahead of trends in marketing/communications best practices; serves as a spokesperson for the Museum and overall brand manager; draft talking points and FAQ’s for internal and external use; and recruits trains, supervises qualified personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Communications, Museum Communications or related fields; experience in budget preparation;
• ability to prepare annual plans that incorporate marketing objectives;
• a minimum of five years’ experience in marketing/communications position with progressively increasing leadership scope in a large cultural, non-profit, or academic institution;
• demonstrated track record of success for writing and editing with a variety of print and online communication media;
• minimum of 2 years in management experience;
• experience managing a team of Marketing professionals;
• understanding of museum industry;
• a track record of performance excellence in meeting targets and objectives;
• demonstrated success in leadership roles developing marketing communication strategies, including brand building, customer acquisition, retention initiatives, research planning, sales and promotion programs, media relations, and digital communications;
• strong analytical skills;
• demonstrated experience in collecting data, identifying patterns and drawing conclusions;
• ability to think strategically, taking the long-term view and identifying opportunities;
• proven project management experience;
• strong organizational skills;
• strong written persuasive communications skills;
• excellent online communications media platforms skills;
• exceptional communications (public speaking and presentation skills) and creative skills, including branding, message strategy, copywriting and photography for print and online;
• proven ability to lead a fast-paced marketing organization;
• ability to prioritize, make independent decisions and work well under deadlines;
• ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and promote teamwork and cooperation;
• and serves as an ambassador for the museum’s mission and vision.
How to Apply: Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment with emphasis on play, a comprehensive benefit package, and competitive salary.
To apply for this opportunity, please mail your cover letter including your accomplishments, resume and salary requirements to: Director of Human Resources, Please Touch Museum, 4231 Avenue of the Republic, Philadelphia, PA 19131; fax to: (215)-581-3182; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Office phone: 215-581-3189 EOE