Synagro is dedicated to being the partner of choice providing value driven, sustainable solutions to the environmental services market. We utilize the world’s best technologies and are proud to provide green solutions that protect and preserve the environment. The Company is headquartered in Houston, Texas and is one of the world’s largest private equity firms, having more than $85 billion under management. Synagro is a financially strong, rapidly growing organization that offers a dynamic workplace where a high value is placed on creative and strategic thinking and where communication and hard work are demanded. We are currently seeking a Director of Communications that will be responsible for overseeing Synagro’s internal/external communications and strategy, media relations, graphics, copy writing, and community outreach. Position will proved support to the Management Team and will report directly to the Vice President of Strategic Activities Group. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD.
Position responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
– A Community Response Program to understand, respond and follow up on questions and complaints received. – A system to assist the Communications Managers with the development of on-going relationships with all area Stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies, local officials, community residents, Ag related organizations, farmers, reporters and researchers, etc.
– A Crisis Management Plan.
– Creating press releases and media/political strategies.
– Creating message points for our lobbying firms.
– Leading the Company’s re-branding effort.
– A system for assessing how regulatory and outreach information flows into and out of the Company.
– Fact Sheets regarding services, monthly newsletters, safety, and talking points for specific situations.
– A system for obtaining and managing material concerning biosolids management technologies and scientific studies performed on biosolids.
– A chain of command and authority for responding to press so that we are never in a “no-comment” situation – ensure responses always come from in-house and never from a PR firm.
– A proactive Social networking Plan.
– Materials to train employees on the Public Relations aspects of regulatory compliance.
– Synagro’s website with the assistance of Information Technology staff.
– Graphic-related materials including written, video, computer supported graphics, and web-based communication.
– Relationships with the media and provide continuous information as the primary spokesperson.
– Perform a variety of professional level duties in support of public information and community outreach programs.
– Participate in researching, designing, planning, and implementing public information or educational campaigns.
– Identify target audiences and develop pertinent messages.
– Participate in the development of a variety of written materials for informational purposes.
– Perform desktop publishing functions utilizing applicable computer software and graphics materials.
– Perform with a wide degree of creativity to develop innovative solutions to design and communicate problems.
Note: This is a summary of principal responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties, which may be assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
– Master’s degree, preferred.
– Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in the development of public information and community outreach.
– Must be able to respond tactfully, clearly, and appropriately to inquiries from the public, press, or other agencies on sensitive issues in area of responsibility.
– Work cooperatively with other departments and outside stakeholders.
– Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and in writing.
– Must be able to effectively represent the company to outside individuals and agencies to accomplish the goals and objectives of the company.
– Ability to plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
– Must have excellent presentation skills.
– Ability to interpret technical information for a variety of audiences.
– Ability to operate office equipment including computers and supporting applications.
– Ability to travel extensively.
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter, current resume and salary requirements directly to email@example.com. Submissions should include job title in the subject line. Synagro offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, FSA and 401(k). Synagro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace