Reporting to the VP, Communication & Public Affairs, the Director of Corporate Communications is responsible for the overall communication strategies, operations and plans that promote & protect the company’s reputation and brand. You will collaborate with sr. leadership as well as Government Affairs, Bus. Communications, & Investor Relations to develop and execute int. & ext. communications initiatives which address business and corporate issues. You will also serve as the face of the company to the financial, industry and general media. You will oversee public affairs, internal communications and the company’s social conscience. You will lead the Internal Communications team, including professional development, best practices, and supporting communications tied to key initiatives, such as acquisitions, organizational adjustments, joint ventures, etc. The Director of Corporate Communications is a member of the company’s Public Affairs Leadership Team.
External Communications Lead: Manage financial, general and industry media engagements and relationships, as the chief spokesperson for the company. The Director of Corporate Communications will handle crisis communications and work closely with Investor Relations, Finance, Govt Affairs, Legal, and other functions on corporate initiatives, press releases, presentations, annual earnings reports, etc. Plan and execute key corporate events, including the yearly meeting, Investor Day, Board meetings, special events and other projects. Partner w/ business groups in developing communication strategies and messages for key issues that may impact the company. Oversee digital assets, including the corporate public-facing websites and social media channels. Manage brand/identity policies and guidelines, and the Communications Budget, staff and service providers.
Organizational Communications: Lead the creation and assessment/audit of internal communications channels and programs. Assess effectiveness of employee communications and recommend program improvements. Create communications plans for major corporate initiatives. Work w/ business communications teams and functional leaders to develop a worldwide news network. Partner with internal IT to identify and integrate new technology that will increase the efficiency and efficacy of internal communications.
Leadership Communications: Work with the VP of Communications and Public Affairs to support and advise company leadership with communication strategies, resources, & messaging. Provide support for internal and external events for speech writing, presentations, and related communications to exec. leadership.
Public Affairs: Lead the creation of an impactful global public affairs strategy that aligns with the company’s values, priorities, and overall objectives. Develop guidelines for community relations at company sites. Partner with Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs, to oversee the company’s public social conscience.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, communications, or a similar discipline is required. An advanced degree (e.g.: MBA or master’s degree in related field) is a plus
• Successful candidate should have at least 10 years functional experience in corp. communications, PR, or related field.
• Experience working in a large global, multi-dimensional organization is a strong plus.
• Media relations, crisis management, marcom, and int. communications experience is required.
• Corporate financial communications experience is a plus
• Experience developing holistic enterprise-level communications, from concept to completion, is required.
• Experience working with and managing design, PR, & related external agencies.
• Proven experience advising Sr & C-level Execs
• Public Affairs and corporate citizenship/philanthropy experience is highly preferred.
• Superb writing and editing skills are required.
• Working knowledge of new media and web/digital based technologies.
• Ability to identify and develop people with a talent for communications.
• Ability to effectively collaborate and work at many levels of an organization: exec leadership, business and functional leaders and managers, IT professionals, plant and site managers, & regional leaders w/ high degree of collaboration.
• Fast-paced environment; willingness to aid with communication needs beyond job description.
• Tenacious and persuasive. Knows how to get things done, and overcomes obstacles.
• Agile, resilient, and strong influencing skills.
• Strength under pressure/grace under fire
• Team player & leader.
• Ability to effectively prioritize competing demands and know how to get things done in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
• Strong listening skills
• Ability to turn creative ideas into executable plans
• Willingness to innovate & handle uncertainty
If interested, contact: Seth.email@example.com | 215-568-9410