Company: Manor College
Job Title: Director of Marketing Communications
Location: Jenkintown, PA
Job Description: Responsibilities for the position encompass those to do with marketing, public relations and advertising. The Director of Marketing Communications oversees the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan, including advertising initiatives, as well as directs all internal and external communications, including press and media-relations, publications, and the college website. The Director of Marketing Communications also coordinates special events; ensures consistency of college image, brand and graphic identity; and is responsible for supervising staff and management of department budget.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
• Oversees the areas of marketing and advertising at the college.
• Direct the development and implementation of a college-wide comprehensive marketing plan in a timely, high quality manner, ensuring that marketing strategies for prospective traditional and adult students, alumni, and friends are addressed.
• Direct the appropriate placement and creative development of advertising initiatives across the college, such that all programs, events, initiatives and enterprises are adequately marketed and advertised and messaging is appropriate to target audiences.
• Direct development of print and online marketing communications materials for various departments in a timely, high quality manner, i.e. Admissions, Continuing Education and Institutional Advancement & Alumni Relations for the purposes of traditional and adult students recruitment and donor development.
• Interface with Institutional Research to provide summary information and to acquire relevant data and information in support of marketing initiatives.
• Oversee the areas of marketing, publications and web site development, including internal campus communications. Increase the awareness of Manor College and its mission and goals, promoting and publicizing all college programs, newsworthy events and activities, and outstanding students and faculty/staff members to all Manor constituents, the media, social media and the community at large • Supervise production of college publications, including the alumni magazine, Manor College Annual Review/Report, college catalog, program brochures, fliers, the in-house newsletter and Christmas card/video.
• Supervises the college web site content, design and reporting.
• Ensures the brand messaging for Manor College is consistent across college communications, including publications and web site, and effectively tailored for relevant audiences.
• Oversee the college’s graphic identity program, maintaining college-wide consistency regarding use of colors and logo, ensuring consistent projection of Manor’s mission and image
• Oversee the Manor College Mascot Team and Program
• Oversee Manny’s Market, the on-campus (and online) store
• Oversee the Event & Community Relations Coordinator and assist with renting campus spaces to 3rd party groups
• Directly assist with major campus events and activities such as academic awards convocation, commencement, major speaking programs; also providing marketing and public communications supports for these programs
• Responsible for annual department and special events budget
• Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team
• Supervise department and staff
• Prepare and provide annual performance reviews
• Prepare monthly and annual reports to the President
• Establish, maintain and update strategic plan goals and objectives for department that include assessment of outcomes and improvements to be made based upon assessments
• Responsible for building and monitoring the Marketing Plan
• Demonstrate use of data analysis, planning, revenue allocation for the administrative unit.
• Maintain membership in professional and community organizations to develop contacts and maintain awareness and presence of Manor in the community.
• Maintain membership in a national/regional professional organization to develop contacts with other marketing communications professionals and attend at least one conference of that organization each year.
• Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission • Other duties as assigned Line of Reports The Director of Marketing Communications reports directly to the President
Criteria & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism, Masters preferred
• Broad knowledge of all facets of higher education marketing and communications
• Minimum 5-7 years progressive experience in marketing, communications, public relations and or advertising; experience in higher education preferred
• Strong working knowledge of Macintosh, Microsoft Office, and Adobe software as well as social media outlets
• Experience in management and supervision
• Familiarity and comfort in a highly collaborative work environment where everyone, including executive leadership, is expected to be individually invested in ensuring positive outcomes for the institution and its students through direct hands-on work
• Highly motivated, ambitious, entrepreneurial
• A can-do attitude that finds solutions and ways to get things done, not just pointing out the issues or challenges
How to Apply: To Apply: Please submit resume, cover letter that includes salary requirements and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. EOE