Establish and maintain the PHS identity through the creation of engaging, inventive graphics, interactive graphics and digital media. Works collaboratively across the organization to deliver quality materials in an effective manner and within required timelines and budgeted guidelines.
*Reports to Associate Director of Creative Services.
• Implements organization-wide graphic standards and branding.
• Designs print and digital collateral, website graphics, brochures, posters, postcards, handouts, infographics, advertisements, logos, invitations, signage, exhibits, e-blast graphics etc.
• Creates custom illustrations.
• Creates motion graphics.
• Serves as editor for PHS internal and/or promotional videos, as needed.
• Identifies gaps/updates needed in photography library.
• Manages multiple projects from concept through production, adhering to deadlines and budget guidelines.
• Develops and maintains excellent relationships with PHS staff.
• Works collaboratively with Associate Director of Creative Services on projects in order to provide effective design; sharing design ideas and implementing suggestions.
• Negotiates with vendors around cost estimates and production.
• Maintains best practices for efficient workflow and file organization and suggests improvements.
• Attends meetings and training sessions.
• Upholds PHS’s Values.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• BFA in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, or similar.
• Minimum of 3 years of multimedia and/or graphic design experience in print and digital advertising, signage, branding, events, or similar.
• Experience in static and interactive design.
• Excellent working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and experience with After Effects and Premiere Pro.
• Experience designing in PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of the CMYK printing process and experience prepping files for print vendors.
• Strong typography, print and digital design skills.
• Ability to follow design direction and branding guidelines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers to identify goals, conceptualize, make suggestions and gain consensus on creative direction.
• Ability to do templated work quickly as well as design larger projects with clear hierarchy of information and select appropriate photos from stock images or from an extensive photo library.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong proofreading skills.
• Excellent planning, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to define and work to deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Commitment to the mission of the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society.
Knowledge of the Following a Plus:
• Experience with Content Management Systems and familiarity with HTML and CSS.
• Video production and/or photography experience.
• Ability to traverse indoor and outdoor terrain for extended periods of time (up to an hour) if needed, and lift maximum of 20 pounds. Most of the following physical demands are required during the annual Philadelphia Flower Show.
• Ability to work limited extended days and flexible hours as needed throughout the year and in preparation for annual PHS Philadelphia Flower Show.