If you want an exciting job with one of the largest, most successful off-price retailers in the nation, come be a member of Burlington’ growing internal communications team! We are looking for an Internal Communications Specialist who can write compelling enterprise-wide communication to excite and inform our associates. Would you thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same? Then this may be the right role for you!
Reporting to the Director of Internal Communications, the ideal candidate will be thoroughly familiar with a variety of communications tools, technologies, and processes and have a proven track record managing an editorial calendar, project plans, and supporting the development of an editorial strategy for traditional and digital channels. A key part of this role involves seeking out subject matter experts to ensure that information is current, accurate, and properly coordinated with other strategic initiatives.
What are some of the main responsibilities?
• Provide well-written, researched, validated, clear, consistent business communications on a number of topics that span company announcements, meeting presentations, multimedia, scripts, key messages, and talking points.
• Draft and prepare materials for the corporate portal, email blasts, printed materials, presentations, speeches, and digital news boards.
• Manage department editorial calendar
• Partner with internal departments to develop messaging and communication plans to help drive results and support various objectives
• Participate in or lead cross-functional teams or projects leveraging communications expertise
• Research and support communications needs of field and store teams
• Participate in the development and launch of corporate events and activities
• Develop and execute multi-stage communication plans across a variety of channels and audiences
• Provide ongoing creative ideas to ensure company messaging is forward looking and innovative
• Seek out and analyze employee feedback mechanisms and interpret data to recommend best practices
• Build business literacy of Burlington’s businesses and strategies, as well as those within the retail industry
Our ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Journalism, PR, or related discipline with 5 years’ experience in internal communications. Must have exceptional writing, editing and communication skills and must be able to quickly research and write large quantities of content that is accurate and timely . Graphic design experience is helpful as well.
Rewards & Benefits:
You will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.