Join us at American Water! We are a People-Powered, Customer-Obsessed organization, bringing the world’s most important resource to millions of people every day!
To our employees, we offer a tremendous benefits package, stability, and continued career growth opportunities. To our communities, we promise safe, affordable water, and contribute to their development and prosperity in countless ways. Join a company with purpose. Apply today for immediate consideration.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Internal Communications, the Internal Communications Manager provides strategic internal communications counsel to the Eastern region including New Jersey, New York, Virginia and Maryland, and to senior leaders and executives.
• The position will create and implement strategic internal communications comprised of robust written and dynamic digital employee communication content to support core strategies, will monitor and measure communication plan outcomes and drive for continuous improvement in employee engagement.
• The Internal Communications Manager is a master of creative content development, and has a strong visual sense. In addition to written communication, the manager will create graphics, produce videos, host podcasts and publish content to the intranet and American Water’s SplashTV digital news boards as part of an overall Internal Communications strategy.
• The manager is responsible for maintaining an editorial calendar, creating change management communication, and maintaining a consistent look, feel and tone for all internal communications.
• The role will partner with External Communications colleagues to ensure strategic integration of messaging and regularly communicate and discuss best practices with client groups.
• The Internal Communications Manager will also lead special projects, including employee events, town hall-style meetings, committee assignments and other projects as assigned.
• Strong digital communication and technology skills. Must expertly leverage the holistic employee digital experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to distill complex information into easy-to-understand content.
• Solid experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (with emphasis on Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere).
• Must work with agile mindset to meet tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
• Is experienced and adept at reviewing and providing thoughtful feedback for both copy and graphic design and layout.
• High confidence and enthusiasm when working with new technologies and new ideas; ability to manage through influence, and build strong, trusting relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, public relations or related field preferred.
• Seven – ten years formal communications experience, including at least three years in an internal communications role or comparable role.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Direct, hands-on experience in multimedia communication such as video production, graphics and photography.
Up to 35%.
Join American Water…We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Apply to this job now…Apply to this job now…Apply to this job now…