Company: Philadelphia 76ers
Job Title: Media Relations Coordinator
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posted: Aug. 28, 2015
Job Description: Reports to: Director of Public Relations
This position will play a key role in the Philadelphia 76ers Public Relations department, responsible for prioritizing the operational elements related to the department and providing support from a public relations and communication standpoint for both Business and Basketball Operations. The candidate will be heavily involved coordinating the day-to-day operations of the department, while assisting with implementation and generation of public relations initiatives across the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and self-motivated team player. This position does not require travel with the team and will only
attend practices on an as-needed basis.
• Assist with compilation and distribution of the 76ers daily clips to front office staff.
• Compile and track the placement of story pitches in the market, as well as track and produce quantifiable ROI at end of year for media placed by Public Relations department.
• Concentration on Media Operations, including but not limited to:
o Coordinate set-up of broadcast location, media section and workroom, post-game press conference area
o Completion of post-game quotes
o Delivering packets to visiting media members
o Coordinate the distribution of all information for the media table, including packets for next opponents, releases, game notes, etc.
o Coordinate and assign game night staff schedule and assignments
• Coordinate all operational elements related to press conferences, Media Day, media availabilities, etc.
• Manage and oversee the 76ers media credential process, including accurate tracking and distribution throughout the NBA season.
• Generate and provide travel lists to upcoming opponents and game previews to media members throughout season.
• Assist with the production of team yearbook, game day program, NBA publications and media guide.
• Oversee daily departmental administrative operations.
• Answer phones, maintain calendar and departmental schedules.
• Assist with day-to-day management of departmental interns.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions and execution of Public Relations deliverables.
• Develop, establish and maintain relationships with media members in the city, state and region.
• Other duties within department as assigned by Director of Public Relations.
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing
• Minimum of two years of public relations or communications experience preferred
• Prior industry experience preferred, but not required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook
• Detail-oriented w/excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Creative and proactive problem solver
• Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Hours: 40 hours/week – events, nights and weekends as required
How to Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Tyneeha Rivers, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.