Are you a conceptual, creative thinker with a passion for storytelling, marketing and marketing design? Do you consider yourself a social media whiz and a self-starter with the ability to work independently?
Then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
The Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health External Affairs office, located in Villanova, Pa., is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative communications professional to join our team. As Devereux’s New Business and Marketing Communications Specialist, you will assist the National Director of Communications in executing Devereux’s communications strategies to build awareness of the Devereux brand, as well as its programs and services, to external and internal audiences.
In this role, the New Business and Marketing Communications Specialist will write and edit clear, timely and engaging company communications focusing on strategic initiatives, news and events, and other topics relevant to key stakeholders. Specific tasks include: creating marketing materials using Adobe InDesign; managing Devereux’s social media accounts/strategy; writing/editing news stories and promotional pieces that can be leveraged across platforms; producing company-wide newsletters; assisting with projects, initiatives and events, as needed; and assisting with internal communications projects, as assigned.
Our ideal teammate is a great collaborator and creative/outstanding storyteller who understands communications and social media strategy/best practices, and can successfully juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate Servant Leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum of three to five years of writing/editing experience in corporate communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field. Experience in a behavioral health, healthcare and/or a nonprofit setting is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
• Exceptional written/oral communication skills, strong project management and organizational skills. Strong familiarity with, and consistent use of, the Associated Press Stylebook.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team player/Servant Leader attitude and outstanding customer service skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels and diverse groups within, and outside of, the organization.
• Conceptual, creative thinker with a passion for writing, storytelling and a willingness to learn from others. Able to structure and conduct interviews and research efforts, and synthesize findings into key points.
• Outstanding social media skills – able to successfully manage social media platforms/applications, strategy and best practices.
• Excellent marketing design skills: Strong proficiency with Adobe InDesign and the Adobe Suite.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Must have a sense of urgency and be able to operate in a fluid environment with sensitivity to deadlines.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
Devereux employs more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults – and their families – every year.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer generous time-off policies and a 403(b) retirement plan, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Learn Why We Are a Great Place to Work! http://benefits.devereux.org
For Further Consideration, Apply Online Here
NOTE: Please attach the following to your online application;
letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and three (3) writing samples.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE