IABC 2010 Heritage Region Conference to draw hundreds
PHILADELPHIA, May 17, 2010 – IABC Philadelphia, the local chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), will be hosting the 2010 Heritage Region Conference from Sunday, October 17, through Tuesday, October 19. The conference, titled: Philadelphia, Home of Independent Thinking, will be held at the Center City Loews Philadelphia Hotel, the first skyscraper ever built in the City of Brotherly Love.
“For those in the communications profession, this conference will be the premiere professional development and knowledge sharing event of the year in this area of the country,” said Tony DeFazio, president, IABC Philadelphia.
The three day conference will consist of approximately twenty breakout and three in-depth sessions on key topics affecting today’s business communicators. Internationally known speakers will cover a wide range of today’s cutting edge topics, including:
- The Dell Story: Social Media as a Catalyst for Building a Collaborative Workplace, Christa Semko, Dell Inc., and Ron Hess, Motiv8 Communications
- How to be a Connector: Turning an Idea from the Tipping Point into Action, Liz Dow, Leadership Philadelphia
- The Brand Story: Using Stories to Enhance Brand Equity and Customer Engagement, Dan Droz, Droz and Associates
- Conducting Conversations in Social Media, Eric Bergman, Bergman & Associates
- Measurement Best Practices: Using Analytics to Track ROI on PR and Social Media Marketing Campaigns, Kent Lewis, Anvil Media, Inc.
- Why Social Media is Important for Brands and How to Develop, Implement, Measure and Manage a Program, Valaria Maltoni, Conversation Agent, LLC
- Communication 2020: The Future of the Profession, D. Mark Schumann, Past Chair, IABC
It is anticipated the conference will draw approximately 300 people from the twenty chapters in seventeen states represented by the Heritage Region.
“Professional communicators from public relations experts to graphic designers will gather to network, share best practices, learn from fellow practitioners and have as much fun as possible,” said DeFazio.
About IABC Philadelphia
The Philadelphia Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) links communications professionals in the Delaware Valley. IABC Philadelphia provides members and guests a range of services, including professional development meetings and workshops, networking with peers, knowledge and resource sharing, job placement and accreditation. Members have access to over 200 communication professionals including corporate communications, public relations/media relations, editors, public affairs, investor relations, marketing communications, graphic designers, and writers in a variety of industries. For more information, visit www.iabcphiladelphia.com.