Celebrating its 20th year, Thomas/Boyd Communications, based in Moorestown, NJ, is a leading public relations firm that specializes in developing and implementing strategic, exciting and effective communications plans for business and nonprofit clients. Our core services include strategic planning, public and media relations, crisis communications, public affairs, social media campaign development and management, feature and news writing and corporate and event planning. Through our network of partners, we create websites, develop full digital campaigns, offer comprehensive brand and market analysis, provide graphic design services, create and refresh branding and implement targeted advertising campaigns. The company’s long-standing reputation for excellence, market-place presence and stellar client base, comprised of nearly all referral work, position Thomas/Boyd as one of the region’s premier agencies.
We seek to hire an Account Executive (AE) with strong writing skills. This position works cooperatively with senior directors and company owners, on varying accounts but does have direct client interaction. The AE is expected to be highly motivated, enjoy a fast-paced work environment that is deadline driven, be a strategic thinker and be willing to do whatever it takes to move client goals and objectives forward.
• Acting as a key point of contact for clients
• Managing a variety of projects – creating timelines and budgets, coordinating tasks, maintaining status reports, and managing expectations of deliverables
• Writing news releases, media advisories, feature stories, client testimonials, blog posts, web copy, social media posts, etc.
• Media relations – developing relationships with relevant media representatives, pitching and disseminating material to appropriate targets to ensure favorable coverage
• Coordinating and implementing media interviews, special events and press conferences as needed
• Monitoring key client industry trends to identify and create story ideas that generate media coverage
• Managing the creation of ads, brochures, annual reports, and other projects
• Participating in brainstorming sessions
• Creating and posting content for websites, social media channels and e-newsletters
• Assisting senior staff members on various projects, including new business proposals
• Supervising and collaborating with junior staff members and interns, as needed
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field
• Minimum of four years relevant work experience – agency experience a plus
• Strong writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Success in building and maintaining relationships with colleagues, clients and media
• Strong project management experience, handling a multitude of moving parts and deadlines
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Interest and experience in working with the media
• Interest and experience in designing and executing social media strategies
• Demonstrates excellent judgment and ability to solve problems on his/her own with limited guidance
• Strong proofreading and editing skills
• Proficiency in the use of content management systems, social media platforms and
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, healthcare, 401K and summer Fridays.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org