Company: Drinker Biddle & Reath
Job Title: Public Relations Specialist
Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
Posted: Sept. 11, 2015
Job Description: We are searching for experienced Public Relations professional to join our Business Development and Marketing Team!
The Public Relations Specialist organizes and executes communications and media relations activities. The position is responsible for executing media relations activities, writing and editing press releases, assisting with social media activities and compiling analytics for firm management. The position will also include writing and editing bylined articles, practice descriptions, web copy, newsletters, client alerts, brochures and ads.
The Specialist must be able to communicate and coordinate with high level executives and contacts, both internally and externally, in a professional and positive manner. In addition, s/he must be willing to accept ownership of projects and be successful in driving those projects, as well as daily tasks, to a successful conclusion.
It is essential that this person be a self-starter and able to work well both in a team environment as well as independently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide national and local media relations and media counsel to practice groups within the firm
• Cultivate and manage media relationships with writers, reporters, editors, and producers in local, regional, national, and international markets
• Work with the Senior Communication Manager in developing, driving and executing strategic communication campaigns including proactive media relations, digital and social content projects and award programs in support of key practice groups and firm goals
• Working with others to develop the strategies and messaging for various practice groups.
• As needed, assist with the submission of RFPs/RFIs
• Leverage traditional media as well as digital/social media for PR programming and influencer outreach.
• Create and manage content for external communications
• Write and edit a broad range of content for a variety of marketing uses (e.g. media releases, web copy, newsletters, brochures and ads)
• Write and/or edit client alerts, blog posts and materials created by attorneys and members of the communications team
• Monitor projects to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met
• Set and meet campaign measurement and evaluation criteria
• Support branding and visibility initiatives
• Work with the Senior Communications Manager to ensure specific, measurable marketing goals within specific budget and resource parameters are achieved
• Create and maintain copy and collateral for external and internal communications
• Conduct research on online marketing for new trends, platforms, and strategies
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send 1) a cover letter including salary requirements and 2) their resume to Human.Resources@dbr.com referencing “Public Relations Specialist” in the subject line.
Web Listing: http://www.drinkerbiddle.com/careers/Staff-and-Administration