The Director/Senior Director of Internal Communications will develop and implement communications strategies, plans, tactics and creative materials to advance Aramark’s business goals among executives, managers and employees. The successful candidate will bring experience and skills across diverse disciplines, including: writing and editing, video, digital, live events, change communications, research and measurement, executive coaching and project management. The position requires a seasoned communications professional who can function independently with good business judgment and the ability to provide equal measures of strategic and tactical implementation. This person will collaborate and must inspire confidence with executives and lines-of-business and functional stakeholders to ensure consistency of strategy, messaging and execution. This individual must operate with energy and initiative; a sense of urgency and a focus on results and deadlines.
• Develop innovative and targeted communications strategies, messages and tactics that drive employee awareness and engagement in support of Aramark’s business priorities • With minimal supervision, identify, write and edit a diverse range of sophisticated executive-level and enterprise-wide communication, including speeches, talking points, correspondence and news • Develop key messages, themes and campaigns tailored to specific audiences and using appropriate channels to maximize impact • Work collaboratively with senior executives to coach, influence and translate their ideas into effective communications. This includes counsel on a wide range of communications topics • Direct knowledge and experience managing digital and online channels, including corporate intranets, video and social media. Knowledge of new technologies for use to communicate and engage.
• Provide guidance and coordination among key internal and external stakeholders to plan and execute strategic events for target audiences at all levels of the organization • Drive employee engagement in cooperation with line-of-business leaders and managers through strategies and tactics that reinforce desired behaviors and productivity • Bring creativity, imagination and fresh ideas to tackle communications challenges in ways that will break through the clutter and translate into greater awareness, understanding and commitment • Research industry and market trends, identify compelling ideas and themes and bring them to life through practical application • Develop and monitor communications metrics to measure reach and impact of outputs. Identify and create employee feedback channels and use for future planning.
• Demonstrate flexibility, resiliency and willingness to pursue different paths to achieve an outcome
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is a bonus.
• 15 years of experience required, preferably in internal communications, executive communications and related disciplines • At least 5 to 10 years of direct management experience of individuals and teams in a large company (more than 10,000 employees) • At least 5 years experience working directly with C-level executives • Experience working in companies with global scope, a remote employee workforce and diverse lines of business and employee groups preferred • Strong knowledge of all communications channels and how to leverage these channels to extend reach • Excellent writing and content creation skills required, including ability to quickly and independently produce on deadline in a clear, compelling and motivational way • Experience with corporate event, video and graphics production • Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills • Strong project management and strategy development skills needed. Ability to manage multiple complex projects with a sense of urgency • Strong record of success and experience in leading and advising senior and executive leaders • Ability to work with highly confidential materials across a wide spectrum of constituencies • Management skills include strategic planning, budgeting and measurement and supervisory